Beginners Chicken Course
Beginners chicken courses take place from 10:00–12:30 on selected Sunday mornings at our smallholding on the Surrey / Hampshire border. The cost of the course is £40 and includes a light lunch of sandwiches (egg - would you believe!), cake and tea/coffee or juice. Please contact us for more details and further information and to book your place. Places may be limited so that we can provide a more personal course for you.
The Hollywater Hens' Beginners Chicken Course includes:
- Setting up
- Chicken breeds
- Feeding chickens
- Handling chickens
- Common chicken health problems
- How to handle your hens
- Wing clipping
- Questions and answer session with yummy fresh egg sandwiches, cake and tea or coffee.
The beginners chicken course is a great way to gain confidence and knowledge enabling you to provide your hens with a happy healthy lifestyle.
Also a great way to meet like minded people.
Old clothes and welly boots are advisable as this is a fun, hands-on practical course.
Upcoming courses include:
- May 13th - Beginner's Course
- June 3rd - How to prevent and treat Red Mite
- June 17th - Healthy Herbs for chickens
- June 24th - Beginner's Course
- August 12th - Beginner's Course
All on a Sunday from 10am -12:30 and include a light lunch - cost is £40